Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kids Talk

"Mom," said a little boy, in from playing. "I think the people who live next door are really, really poor!"
"Why do you say that, my little one?"
"Because you should have seen the fuss they made when their baby swallowed a dime!"
------------------------------------------------------------
My daughter's fifth-grade class had been studying astronomy.
One morning at breakfast she announced, "On Friday we're having a quiz on the moon."
That's when her little brother piped up, "Are you gonna let her go, Mom?"
-------------------------------------------------------------
Having lost weight over the past few years, a lady was discarding things from her wardrobe that no longer fit. Her seven-year-old niece was watching as she held up a huge pair of slacks.
"Wow," the lady said, "I must have worn these when I was 183."
Her niece looked puzzled, and then asked, "How old are you now?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two youngsters were closely examining bathroom scales on display at the department store.
"What's it for?" one asked.
"I don't know," the other replied. "I think you stand on it and it makes you mad. At least it does that for my Mom and Dad."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Little Jimmy's preschool class went on a field trip to the fire station. The firefighter giving the presentation held up a smoke detector and asked the class: "Does anyone know what this is?" Little Jimmy's hand shot up and the firefighter called on him.
Little Jimmy replied: "That's how Mommy knows supper is ready!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------
One day Mother sent my little brother to the post office to mail a letter. A few minutes later he came back with a suspicious smile on his face.
"What happened?" my mother asked.
"I just fooled the people at the post office. When no one was looking, I dropped the letter into the box without buying any stamps."

1 comment:

Something Different said...

LOL love the one about the smoke detector.....we joke in my house that they are the "dinner's ready" detectors. :-p

 

Template Design By: SkinCorner | Distributed by All blogspot templates